[威戈] 一个近50岁的美国佬重回SAK的怀抱

[复制链接]
  • TA的每日心情
    擦汗
    2016-8-3 11:45
  • 签到天数: 439 天

[LV.9]以坛为家II

发表于 2014-5-20 19:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

I have been buying and carrying traditional foldersfor several years and carrying them religiously as my EDC. I went from a few yearsof carrying nothing (mostly due to the 9-11 BS), to carrying a medium Case Congressknife for whittling (which helped me smoke less), and then onto other Case knives.I eventually discovered the really well made USA Winchester knives (sometimes knownas the "Black Box" Winchesters), which were made by Queen. It was notlong until I discovered the fantastic Great Eastern Cutlery knives, and I was suddenlyhooked on all those wonderful and well-made traditional folders.
    我一直在购买和携带传统折刀好几年了,虔诚地带着他们做为我的EDC。我从几年前出门不带东西(大多是由于9-11 BS),到变成带着一把用刀切削的中型CASE折刀(这让我少抽烟),然后演变为携带其它CASE刀。我终于发现了真正制作精良的美国温切斯特刀(有时也被称为“黑盒子”温家兄弟),这是由女王牌所制造。没过多久,我发现了奇妙的大东方刀具,我那时突然迷上了所有那些美妙且制作精良的折刀。

Around Christmas of 2013 GEC came out with their very sleek Radio Knife,with a combination bottle opener and screwdriver blade. I was suddenly remindedof how handy a Swiss Army Knife was, and remembered I had a slew of them. I decidedto start carrying one again, just for kicks. I was certain in a few days I wouldbe back to my more traditional and slightly less utilitarian knives. I remembereating some ribs and needing a toothpick during this time, and boy was I glad tohave one on my knife (a Swisschamp). I also had a need for a file to file down asharp edge on toy for my daughter, and there it was on my SAK. My other daughtergot a splinter, and the tweezers came to the rescue. I needed to crimp a loose chaina bit, and the pliers were there to do the job. I wanted to measure something, andthe ruler was right there. I was looking at some jewelry and could not tell if itwas real gold, and the magnifying glass was there to show me it was.
    2013年的圣诞节GEC带着他们那把非常光滑的无线电刀出门,那是一把结合开瓶器和螺丝刀的刀。那时我突然想起一把瑞士军刀是如何的方便,而且记得我让他们摆在那个地方。我决定重新开始带一把瑞士军刀。我那时很肯定地想几天之内我会回到我那比较传统、较略少功能性的刀。我记得吃一些肋骨,当时需要一根牙签,我很高兴能有一根在我的刀上(Swisschamp)。我也曾为我的女儿用折刀从玩具上折下锋利的边缘,那时有我的SAK在。也曾我的另一个女儿有什么东西分叉,是用镊子前来救援。当我需要压一下松了的链子,钳子在那里发挥作用。我想量某个东西,尺子就在那里。我曾检视一些珠宝,却无法判断那个是不是真的黄金,放大镜就在那里让我随手取用。
    Needless to say, at this point, as I approach 50 years in age, I find itpretty darn useful to have all of these great tools in my pocket whenever I needthem. I went back to my plain folders for a bit, and found myself missing the SAKmuch more than I ever missed the plain folders. The one thing I missed on my othernice folders was the gorgeous stag handles on some of my favorites. I am a suckerfro nice stag. Once I discovered that, with a little patience and looking, I couldhave my favorite SAK with stag handles, I decided to make the change, and made mySAK my EDC.
    不用说,在这一点上,当我接近50岁的时候,我发现把所有伟大的工具放在我的口袋里是很有用的,每当我需要他们。我回到我朴实的折刀短短一段时间,发现自己寻找SAK的次数远远超过寻找我那朴实折刀的次睥。我在那些传统折刀上回味的是我最爱的华丽雄鹿把手。我是一个对雄鹿角痴迷的人。有一次,我发现,用一点耐心和期待,我可以有我最喜欢的鹿角柄SAK,我决定做出改变,并拿我的SAK当我的EDC
    What is strange is that years ago I always carried anSAK exclusively, and really only stopped when airports and lots of other placesstarted searching me for knives. When I travel by air, I now check my baggage andknives. Most other places don't search people like they used to, so I carry a knifeeverywhere I go now, and it is an SAK, which most people do not view as a weaponanyway.
    奇怪的是,几年前我总是随身只携带一把SAK,在机场和其它很多地方开始寻找我的刀时就完全不带了。当我乘坐飞机时,我现在检查我的行李和刀。其它大多数地方像以前一样没有搜索人们,所以现在我随身携带一把刀无论我去哪里了,它是一把SAK,而大多数人并不认为那是一把武器。
    原文网址
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1174146-Why-I-decided-to-make-an-SAK-my-traditional-EDC

• TA的每日心情
    开心
    2014-7-14 08:04
  • 签到天数: 96 天

[LV.6]常住居民II

发表于 2014-6-15 20:34 | 显示全部楼层
    这个可爱的老人所说的SAK不知是指的什么口袋刀,。

该用户从未签到

发表于 2014-6-15 21:40 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
    SAK=swiss amy knife,也就是瑞士军刀。
  • TA的每日心情
    开心